• About Kyonggi University
  • Academics
  • Admissions
    • Undergraduate Admissions
    • Graduate School Admissions
    • Korean Language Programs
    • Exchange Students
    • Contact
  • Life at KGU
  • Visiting Professor
Admissions > Graduate School Admissions

Graduate School Admission for International Students


  • Applicants meeting one of the following conditions:A. An applicant holding foreign citizenship whose parents are foreign citizens (not Korean citizens)B. An applicant who completed the entire 16-year education from elementary school to    university in a foreign country (not Korea)
  • Applicants (except for applicants in International Industrial Information) should meet one of the following Korean language proficiency requirements.
    • Applicants should have major or minor degree in Korean Language
    • Applicants should have the 4th level of certificate from the Korean Proficiency test (TOPIK).
    • Applicants should have completed at least 1 year of Korean language class at Korean language institutes in Korea.
    • Applicants who meet one of the following conditions are exempted from demonstrating proficiency in Korean
      • Applicants have studied at least 1 year in Korean elementary, middle or high school.
      • Applicants have completed (or expected to complete) at least 2 years (4 semesters) in Korean Universities.
  • For some departments, applicants should meet English Proficiency requirements.

Required Documents

  • Complete the application form online and submit the printed copy of the application
  • Certificate of Graduation of university or graduate school (translated in Korean and notarized)
  • Two copies of official transcript of university or graduate school (translated in Korean and notarized)
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Documents verifying applicant’s Korean Language proficiency
  • Research History (if applicable)
  • Two copy of applicant’s and parent’s Certificate of Alien Registration (if applicable)
  • Family Relationship Document issued by the Korea government or equivalent document issued by foreign government
  • A copy of applicant’s passport
  • Bank statement showing at least US$10,000 in the account for over 1 month.
  • Certificate of Income of parent or financial supporter

For more information, visit http://www.kyonggi.ac.kr/KyonggiTpSrv.kgu?cxt=kgraduateM